Cost of ownership: Goldwing Vs. Harley Ultra?

Bookmark and Share
  • JensenBreck
  • JensenBreck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 2 months ago #16290 by JensenBreck
JensenBreck created the topic: Cost of ownership: Goldwing Vs. Harley Ultra?
Hi guys,

I presently own a Vulcan 1600 Classic and enjoy it a lot but I might be in the market for a real 2-up touring bike in the near future but I'm having trouble deciding what to go with so I thought that I'd ask everybody here since it covers all brands.

My wife and I almost inherited a BMW K1200LT from my father-in-law but my brother-in-law got it instead, oh well.........While that bike looks impressive and apparently is an awesome bike in every respect, it kind of scared me with all of its high-tech wizardry, etc..........plus, I have this feeling that it'll be an expensive bike to own over the long term.

I know that both the Honda Goldwing and the Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic are competent long range 2-up touring bikes but which one would be the easiest on the pocketbook over the long haul?

I know that the GL1800 wins in the power dept. but is it more expensive for regular upkeep? They say that the Goldwing is basically bulletproof but what about service costs?

I know that these are two totally different styled bikes and that you've got to go with which ever one floats your boat but I'd really appreciate any insights on this topic.

I didn't find the right solution
References:

www.motorcycleforum.com/101-general-moto...vs-harley**.html

Brand Advertising Videos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds